To provide a range of services for people who are having difficulty attaining and sustaining adequate and secure accommodation, health status, personal autonomy and dignity.
The Station Ltd believes in:
- People having choices in their own lives.
- People being giving dignity, respect, privacy and confidentiality.
- Valuing people.
- The right of people to access services on a non discriminatory basis.
- Having accountability to the community for the services we provide.
- Minimising the harm and social problems to the individual and to the community resulting from alcohol, drugs, homelessness, mental illness, domestic violence and other self harm or social harm actions.
- Providing prevention, early intervention, referral to specialised services and ongoing support to our client group.
Drop-In Centre Aims
To provide a range of services for people 21 and over who have difficulty attaining and sustaining adequate and secure accommodation, health status and personal autonomy and dignity due to a range of factors including:
- Drug and Alcohol problems
- Psychiatric, psychological, physical, sensory or intellectual disability
- Lack of social support
- Lack of suitable housing options
So that they can increase their survival capacity and enhance their personal autonomy and dignity.
Drop-In Centre – Objectives
1. To assist clients to meet their basic survival needs by providing:
- Laundry and shower facilities
- Nutritious food
- A place to be comfortable and accepted
- Advice and assistance with health issues (including D&A and Disability)
2. To provide crisis counselling and referrals on specific issues
3. To facilitate client’s access to relevant services and further support and assistance